POWERFLEX TOTAL BODY WORKOUT FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
POWERFLEX TOTAL BODY WORKOUT FORUM

This is for people who love to workout, and want a fantastic looking body and can get it without a gym, in the comfort of their own home. NO equipment required. ALL ARE WELCOME.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rock Climbing

Go down 
+2
John
Biggiefry
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Biggiefry
Biggiefry

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-07-26

Rock Climbing Empty
PostSubject: Rock Climbing   Rock Climbing EmptyWed Aug 01, 2007 4:14 pm

Dear Big Jim,

We are going to be setting up a rock wall in our back yard for exercise, and i was wondering what you thought about rock climbing?
Back to top Go down
John
PowerFlex Model
PowerFlex Model
John

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-06-06

Rock Climbing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Climbing   Rock Climbing EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 8:34 am

Hey Biggie

Now this isn't Big Jim, but I think rockclimbing walls are a lot of fun! Make sure to have safety straps so that nobody gets hurt What type of wall are you putting up? How tall is it? I think it's always good exercise to be active and into different sporting activities from rockclimbing, to hiking, to tennis. Just keep up doing Powerflex though. I know sometimes when you had a good day outside being active sometimes you can feel like oh i don't need to do my Powerflexes today, but still get them in the results are awesome!!

John
Back to top Go down
http://www.flexerciseworkout.com
Jimmy
PowerFlex Model
PowerFlex Model
Jimmy

Number of posts : 54

Rock Climbing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Climbing   Rock Climbing EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 9:32 pm

Hey Jake,

I agree with John. I think rock climbing is a lot of fun! What type of wall are you putting up? Is it one like those you can do at the carnaval or fair? I noticed with those if you have the small little rocks to grab unto to climb up, it's pretty hard on your finger joints and hands, especially if you have larger hands. Make sure to put up all the safety requirements with it! Smile Stay safe.
Back to top Go down
Biggiefry
Biggiefry

Rock Climbing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Climbing   Rock Climbing EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 1:56 am

The wall is going to be about 16 feet high. The rocks that are going on it are all real. We are going to put hanging grips on one side of it and a climbing rope on the other side. So its going to be pretty neat. Thanks for the advice and if ya'll are ever in the Dominican Republic, ya'll are welcome to come bye and try it out.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy
PowerFlex Model
PowerFlex Model
Jimmy

Rock Climbing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Climbing   Rock Climbing EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 4:01 am

Hey Jake, sounds like an awesome wall!! Hope you have fun with it.

And we may just have to take you up on that offer and come and visit the Dominican Republic!!
Back to top Go down
Jim
PowerFlex Author
PowerFlex Author
Jim

Number of posts : 9

Rock Climbing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Climbing   Rock Climbing EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 9:57 pm

Hey Biggiefry,
I think that is awesome! Doing rock climbing is where you really put it all together and having fuctional strength is a must! I doubt very much that some steroided freak would ever be good at rock climbing because it really does take real strength coordindination agility and power to be a good rock climber! That is what I mean by funtional strength, it is strength that is real and good to use not all show and no go! Jimmy and Johnny alsways love to do the rock climbing walls at malls and theme parks and I've never seen one yet they could'nt climb. Many times when I'm Elk hunting Especialy in Idaho it is very tuff terrain and I must do rock climbing which is not a man made wall but actually real rocks cliffs and boulders . One time I had my rifle strapped on my back the terrain was horrible I was Going up a very rugged jagged mountan ridge during a pouring RAIN STORM, when I finally got to a a flat spot to get my bearings I looked straight ahead and noticed I was standin directly 10 yards in front of a wolves den with a few of them standing right out front! Lucky for me when they saw me they ran one way and I ran the other!
So funtional strength is very important! Thanks for the post!
-Big Jim-
Back to top Go down
Biggiefry
Biggiefry

Rock Climbing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Climbing   Rock Climbing EmptyFri Aug 10, 2007 10:06 pm

Thats an awesome story! That must have been an pretty scarry experience. Thank God that they didn't decide to attack or something.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BillS11
Established Member
Established Member
BillS11

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Rock Climbing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Climbing   Rock Climbing EmptyWed Sep 12, 2007 6:32 am

Wow, exciting story Big Jim! Although I think the wolves did the right thing to run! Smile A man of your physique and strength with a rifle on his back sounds pretty dangerous to me.

It would also be pretty funny to see a stiff steroid body builder trying to get up a rockclimbing wall. I don't think many people would be as impressed with them if they saw their real flexibility and cordination. They should have that on the myth buster show... can a steriod freak climb a rock wall? geek
Back to top Go down
Sammy699
Established Member
Established Member
Sammy699

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-07-23

Rock Climbing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Climbing   Rock Climbing EmptySun Oct 28, 2007 5:10 am

Hey BiggieFry,
How'd the rock climbing wall go? Get it up and working? I'm sure it must be fun and a good workout. Ttyl
Back to top Go down
Biggiefry
Biggiefry

Rock Climbing Empty
PostSubject: Im back!   Rock Climbing EmptyTue Nov 06, 2007 11:44 pm

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't replied in so long. The storm that hit us took our internet out for two weeks. The rock wall is awesome! It really works out your forearms and your legs. How are all of ya'll doing? Talk to ya'll later.

Biggiefry

P.S. All of ya'll are still invited to come and try it out if your ever in the Dominican Republic.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy
PowerFlex Model
PowerFlex Model
Jimmy

Rock Climbing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Climbing   Rock Climbing EmptyThu Nov 08, 2007 7:40 am

Hey Jake! We just may take you up on that offer. It would be most likely after I graduate, which is May of 2008, because right now with school, football and everything else, I am very busy busy busy along with the rest of my family. Glad it's fun, and it is a good way to keep active! I also feel it in my forearms and hands/fingers as well Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rock Climbing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Climbing   Rock Climbing Empty

Back to top Go down

Rock Climbing
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
POWERFLEX TOTAL BODY WORKOUT FORUM :: Ask About the Workout :: Ask Author Jim Forystek-
Jump to: