This is for people who love to workout, and want a fantastic looking body and can get it without a gym, in the comfort of their own home. NO equipment required. ALL ARE WELCOME.
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Stretching increases Flexibility

Go down 

Do you stretch before and after you exercise?
 33% [ 1 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3

Established Member
Established Member

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Stretching increases Flexibility   Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:40 pm

We all know that we should be stretching before and after exercise to prevent soreness in the muscles and injury. But recently I learned about the benefits to flexibility that I wanted to share:

1. Flexibility offers more graceful body movements which will help you do many of the Flexercises especially with many of the abdominal exercises.
2. Enhances performance of sport skills
3. Relaxation of mental stress and tension --> which helps after a long day at work
4. Muscular relaxation and relief of muscular cramps and soreness
5. Improved body fitness, posture, symmetry, and self-image
6. Reduced risk of low back pain and other spinal aches and pains
7. Prevention of injury
8. Rehabilitation/Treatment of pain and injury

All in all, flexibility will help you overcome stiffness and soreness when working out and will benefit you as you continue along with Flexercise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Established Member
Established Member

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Stretching increases Flexibility   Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:01 pm

Very true, beneficial post FitnessGal9.

I would like to know what everyone does for stretching. What is most helpful for you and why? I notice many of the Flexercises help me get stretched and become more flexible. I always feel much looser and stretched out after I exercise. I am just wondering if there is certain stretches to perform before working out? Or if it's just the stretch what feels tight like I do. Smile I like the stretching offered in the Speed, Energy and Endurance workout. I find them beneficial even when I am not running.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stretching increases Flexibility
Page 1 of 1