POWERFLEX TOTAL BODY WORKOUT FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
POWERFLEX TOTAL BODY WORKOUT FORUM

This is for people who love to workout, and want a fantastic looking body and can get it without a gym, in the comfort of their own home. NO equipment required. ALL ARE WELCOME.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

DID YOU KNOW FACTS

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jamee
Certified Trainer
Certified Trainer

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2007-06-06

DID YOU KNOW FACTS Empty
PostSubject: DID YOU KNOW FACTS   DID YOU KNOW FACTS EmptyThu Aug 09, 2007 8:33 pm

did you know in order to lose one pound of Fat (statiscially) you have to burn 3200 calories!!
Back to top Go down
BillS11
Established Member
Established Member
BillS11

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-06-07

DID YOU KNOW FACTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: DID YOU KNOW FACTS   DID YOU KNOW FACTS EmptyWed Sep 12, 2007 6:24 am

Wow that seems like a lot of calories... but isn't it said people usually burn like 300-500 calories in one workout? So lets see that would take about 7 days workingout everyday to lose 1 pound of fat...? Not to bad... so in a years time losing around 40-50 pounds of solid fat would be awesome! And turning some of that into muscle as well!

Got anymore cool facts Jamee? I'll have to start searching online for facts that I can post on here. Keep us updated
Back to top Go down
Jamee
Certified Trainer
Certified Trainer

Number of posts : 20

DID YOU KNOW FACTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: DID YOU KNOW FACTS   DID YOU KNOW FACTS EmptyWed Sep 12, 2007 7:27 pm

To have a normal healthy BMI ( Body Mass Index) it should be between 18.5 and 24.9
Meaning BMI is a number that is calcuated from your height and weight showing your percent of body fat.

Heres an example from this website http://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/dnpa/bmi/adult_BMI/about_adult_BMI.htm

Formula: weight (lb) / [height (in)]2 x 703
Calculate BMI by dividing weight in pounds (lbs) by height in inches (in) squared and multiplying by a conversion factor of 703.

Example: Weight = 150 lbs, Height = 5’5” (65")
Calculation: [150 รท (65)2] x 703 = 24.96

Hope everyone's healthy and this is not too confusing affraid What a Face
Back to top Go down
FitnessGal9
Established Member
Established Member

Number of posts : 27

DID YOU KNOW FACTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: DID YOU KNOW FACTS   DID YOU KNOW FACTS EmptyThu Sep 13, 2007 9:59 pm

I did a study last year on Diet vs. Exercise in Weight Loss and found this out:

~More than 60% of U.S. adults do not engage in the recommended amount of physical activity.
~Approximately 25% of U.S. adults are NOT active at all! affraid
~Physical inactivity is more common among women than men.
Back to top Go down
FitnessGal9
Established Member
Established Member

Number of posts : 27

DID YOU KNOW FACTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: DID YOU KNOW FACTS   DID YOU KNOW FACTS EmptyMon Oct 22, 2007 11:25 pm

Did you know that compared to 1960, the average adult now weighs 24 pounds more (males: 190 lbs, 69 in., BMI 28; females: 163 lbs, 64 in., BMI 28) and the average teenager weighs 15 pounds more.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy
PowerFlex Model
PowerFlex Model
Jimmy

Number of posts : 54

DID YOU KNOW FACTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: DID YOU KNOW FACTS   DID YOU KNOW FACTS EmptySat Oct 27, 2007 7:02 am

Wow, those are some mind boggling facts Fitnessgal.

It just goes to show how much people NEED exercise. And with Powerflex/Flexercise they have no excuse of not going to the gym or not having the right equipment. All they need is there own body, and can learn the great movements and resistant exercises to get back into shape all from Powerflex/ Flexercise which is the Total Body Workout.

These statistics show how bad doing NOTHING is. We should all be doing something. Even if it's only going for a brisk mile walk a day, it would benefit people tremendously, especially the overweight and obese.

I encourage everyone who reads this, DON'T be one of those who is just put into a category of overweight/obese. Don't get into that category of the 25% who don't do any physical activity. I encourage you all, if you are in those statistics be willing to do some exercises to get yourself out of it. You should live a healthy life and move and get exercise. It'll benefit you greatly! sunny Just take one step at a time. One exercise at a time and improve your lifestyle and overall level of fitness. Your body will thank you a million times over and over again.
Back to top Go down
BillS11
Established Member
Established Member
BillS11

Number of posts : 28

DID YOU KNOW FACTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: DID YOU KNOW FACTS   DID YOU KNOW FACTS EmptyFri Nov 02, 2007 7:58 pm

This is just another reason for me to be thankful to have the Flexersice workout. Not only is it a great program, but it'll keep me active and I am going to make it a priority to not become one of those "fat" stats. It's provided me with a mindset that I can workout anywhere anytime and do not need weights, machines, or a gym. In fact everyone can always go for a walk like is constantly mentioned on here. And that is great exercise, and for "fat" people, a WONDERFUL start.

These methods are safe, fun, and helpful. I think I am beginning to turn into a true fitness fanatic. Smile (Which I think is a good thing)

Bill
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DID YOU KNOW FACTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: DID YOU KNOW FACTS   DID YOU KNOW FACTS Empty

Back to top Go down

DID YOU KNOW FACTS
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
POWERFLEX TOTAL BODY WORKOUT FORUM :: General Topics :: General Topics-
Jump to: