POWERFLEX TOTAL BODY WORKOUT FORUM

This is for people who love to workout, and want a fantastic looking body and can get it without a gym, in the comfort of their own home. NO equipment required. ALL ARE WELCOME.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Boredom

Go down 
AuthorMessage
FitnessGal9
Established Member
Established Member

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Boredom   Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:15 pm

So, I've been doing Powerflex for a couple of months but I don't want to fine myself getting bored because I've been doing the same workouts over and over. How do you guys keep yourself motivated to workout and when you get bored how do you change the workouts up?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jimmy
PowerFlex Model
PowerFlex Model

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Boredom   Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:58 pm

Hey FitnessGal!

If you follow the initial 8 week routine you should have no problem with getting bored. Each week you will be having a new routine to do, and it works tremendously well. After the 8 week course is up, you can chose to pick your favorite exercises and incorperate them with whatever part you are working out, or do a similar 8 week course as the book and DVD suggest.

For example, after you've done the 8 week course, you will have gone through all the exercises for each body part. Then you can decide if you want to workout any problem areas, or areas you want to see developed. Then complete that workout for the week, along with a mix and match of the other exercises.

It could look something like this, lets say you want to target the legs.

So, then you would do the entire leg workout, then pick a favorite exercises from the other workouts. So say you pick one from the abs, one from the arms, one from the shoulders, one from the speed energy and endurance and one from the spine or back. Do those for the week, and you can decide to change the workouts each week, day, month, or two weeks. You can chose to do as many or few of the exercises as you please with a mix and match from the various courses, or you can work full sections at a time. I suggest reading over page 13-14 again in your PowerFlex book. Smile

The thing that ALWAYS keeps me motivated and never bored is the awesome results I get from doing the workout. Whether I am doing anything from the Chest, to the legs, to the running, to the abs, to the arms etc. it always feels great and I love the feeling and results from these awesome exercises! sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jed
CBW/HC
CBW/HC

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Boredom   Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:13 pm

Well said Jim. Like a Star @ heaven

Another great way is to get yourself excited and pumped up. Listen to some really good upbeat music to make yourself in the mood to workout. Sometimes people think they are bored of an exercise but it really is they are just bored in general and not very motivated. Soo keep it exciting with some awesome upbeat music as well! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sammy699
Established Member
Established Member

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Boredom   Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:34 am

I have to agree with Jed on the point about being bored. I've had the attitude many times like oh man I don't feel like working out, and oh I am bored, but then you just have to get in a good mood to workout and music helps alot! Many times it's easier to leave the gym sooner or stop workouting out faster if you aren't motivated, like for example you leave your IPOD at home and lack that jiving motivation to keep going. I find this HUGE when running. Music helps you go farther and run harder.

-Sammy-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boredom   

Back to top Go down

Boredom
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
POWERFLEX TOTAL BODY WORKOUT FORUM :: General Topics :: Weekly Workouts-
Jump to: