POWERFLEX TOTAL BODY WORKOUT FORUM

This is for people who love to workout, and want a fantastic looking body and can get it without a gym, in the comfort of their own home. NO equipment required. ALL ARE WELCOME.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Motivation

Go down 
AuthorMessage
FloCarson
Established Member
Established Member

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: A little motivation   Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:06 am

Hi Brenda, Julia, and Jamee,

I'm new here and name is Flo. I'm looking for some good words of wisdom to keep me motivated each day/week. So I hope there you fill me in with something good each day.

Also, in PowerFlex is the Chest workout aimed more for the men? I really like Jamee's suggestion of putting the Abs and Legs in it's place for the eight weeks. Do you all support this suggestion? I mean I'll still be doing the chest workout in the eight weeks, but not as much, as there are other parts I need more work on more. Thanks cat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Julia
Author/Certified Trainer
Author/Certified Trainer

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Motivation   Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:26 am

Hey Flo-

Yes, its awesome you are dedicated to stay motivated! What are your interests? Favorite music?

Here's you first motivation tool: When you just don't feel like starting your workout put on some great upbeat music, and turn it up just a little. before you know it you'll get energized, and pumped up to knock out those exercises!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FloCarson
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Re: Motivation   Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:58 am

Your right. Music helps Smile Sometimes I just get in the mood where I don't want to even stand up though. You know what i mean? just don't "feel" like it. Do you ever have these times? How do you overcome them?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FitnessGal9
Established Member
Established Member

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Motivation   Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:21 am

Hey Flo,

I know what you mean. Sometimes I feel the same way. I found a thing that helps is to get something in your mind that gives you motivation... like the image of looking great, or an image of looking sloppy and bad, and think, if I never get up and do something that I will end up looking like that. Or if you have something/someone to look good for; husband, bf, want to look good at the beach, high school reunion coming up, or just personal satisfaction. Thinking this way will almost always give you the motivation you need.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Julia
Author/Certified Trainer
Author/Certified Trainer

PostSubject: Re: Motivation   Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:33 am

"it's pretty safe to say that most people will feel motivated when they know they are making a contribution, being heard, doing something useful, receiving praise and acknowledgement, having their skills developed. " as stated from researchers.

Too bad the best slogan for motivation is taken--JUST DO IT. We can over analyze why we do what we do, or why we dont do what we should do, but bottom line is we need to stop talking and start doing.

The great Walt Disney said "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing."

All in all- I hope this forum, and us Forysteks help in motivating you! You can do it, now pump up the tunes, take a break from your computer, and do a few FLEXERCISES =) flower

--Julia

p.s. i will post weekly words of encouragement to keep us motivated, as we all can all use some on a regular basis.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FitnessGal9
Established Member
Established Member

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Motivation   Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:43 am

Something that really motivates me is having someone holding you accountable. Even if it's going for a walk with my mom or a friend asking me if I worked out at all today. This always seems to help me workout every day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FloCarson
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Re: Motivation   Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:49 am

Hey sorry ladies. I've been off the forum for a little while. So seeing I am back, where is this weeks tip?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jimmy
PowerFlex Model
PowerFlex Model

Number of posts : 54

PostSubject: Re: Motivation   Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:51 am

Hey Ms. Carson,

I think I'm going to hop in on this topic if you don't mind.

Here is a great motivating factor. Evalute where you are now, and where you want to be in the future. You can do it weekly, monthly, or quarterly or even yearly.

For example. Lets say you want to lose 20 pounds this year. You may say wow, that's kind of steep. But if you think about it, if you only lose two pounds a month and keep it off, that'll be 24 pounds at the end of the year. Two pounds a month seems REALLY simple, but if you look at the big picture it's a really good accomplishment. On the other hand you say what if I don't do anything and then the year will come and go and I wont have lost anything, and you may have even gained a few pounds.

If you just keep consistent and do TODAY what you need to do, before you know it you'll have the phsyique you want. If you're there already you'll have the pride and joy of maintaining it and enjoying your workout while you do it. Not only does working out make you look better it makes you FEEL better. Not only physically but in your conscience you'll feel better. Once you've completed your daily workout you feel better about yourself and have that sense of accomplishment about you, then no matter what is going on around you, bills, friends, family, you can know that you are heading down a path of health and fitness, instead of unhealthyness and unecessary troubles. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FloCarson
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Re: Motivation   Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:10 am

Good advice Jimmy. And yes I don't mind you hoping in on the topic. Smile

It really doesn't sound very hard when you put it that way. I like that only two pounds a month talk. Alot of women nowdays are at least 20 pounds overweight and just a simple two pounds a month would be 24 in a year! I'm sure many husbands would be VERY happy if their wives lost 20 pounds. As well as the women themselves. And yes, the year is going to come to pass anyway might as well have got in better shape rather than worse. I usually never look at it like that, but I'm glad you brought that up!

-FC-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Julia
Author/Certified Trainer
Author/Certified Trainer

PostSubject: Re: Motivation   Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:01 pm

Hello Ladies!

How is it going this week? How is your workout going? How are you dealing with life's stresses!

I got good news, exercise has so many benefits- more so than just losing weight. According to recent studies done by the University of Michigan, exercise increases your energy and not only that but it maintains Bone Density.
Increases Flexibility and Tones Muscles
Increases Muscle Strength
Reduces Stress. Exercise stimulates the body to release "endorphins", morphine-like chemicals that make us feel better.
Improves Problem-solving. Psychologists say that sometimes stepping back from a problem may be the most effective way to solve it.
Improves Self-esteem. By helping you to look and feel good, fitness can help improve how you feel about yourself. (UMI.com)

With all the published facts for fitness, it only makes sense for us to tap into the resources.
An excellent verse to rely on for strength when we just do not want to do it is Php 4:13
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

If you are finding that you let your self down or that you are not following though with your goals, I would like to encourage you to tap into this verse found in Philippians.

Keep at it ladies. If you stayed with your workout this week, you only got two more days until Saturday. I always have a day of rest, which is usually Saturday.

Lets help keep each other focused, and healthy.
--julia--
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Motivation   

Back to top Go down

Motivation
Page 1 of 1